Don’t miss out on your family assistance


Time is running out!   By 30 June 2014 you need to:

  • lodge your 2011”“12 and 2012”“13claim forFamily Tax Benefit, Child Care Benefit and Single Income Family Supplement lump sum payments, and
  • confirm your income for Family Tax Benefit””this means you and your partner need to lodge a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office, or tell us you don’t need to lodge one. You need to do this so we can balance your payments and pay you top-ups or supplements.

If you don’t lodge your lump sum claim for Child Care Benefit by 30 June 2014, we won’t be able to check your eligibility for Child Care Rebate.

If you receive Family Tax Benefit, you may be eligible for the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement. You may need to have your child fully immunised or get a health check for them so you can receive this supplement.

You have until 30 June 2014 to do the above things for the 2011-12 and 2012”“13 financial years to avoid missing out on payments.


For more information about things you need to do for the end of financial year to prepare your tax return and ensure you receive your family assistance:

  • go to and click on ”˜Changes to the time period for lodging lump sum claims and confirming income’
  • call 131 202, or
  • visit a Centrelink Service Centre.

Short URL: